- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. In same skillet, saute carrots, celery and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir in salad dressing, mayonnaise and hot sauce into skillet. Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to skillet; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
"This recipe is perfect as it is. If it's dry then you did something wrong. I've probably made this recipe 5-10 times. To lessen the mess, I use a heavy duty pot to boil the noodles, then saut? the meat and then the veggies in that same pot. Then I bake it in that pot. (It's a calphalon pot.) this recipe ROCKS."
"This was just okay. Nice and spicy, but just a bit dry. Neither my husband nor my college son had much enthusiasm for it either. I wouldn't make it again."
"I wouldn't even try this one. It has way too much fat in it. A heart attack waiting to happen."
"This was excellent! I'm a big fan of anything hot or spicy but the rest of the family prefers mild so I used only 1/3 cup of Louisiana hot sauce. I also used Ranch dressing instead of bleu cheese as that is all I had. Had to use fiesta blend cheese since I didn't have any swiss. It went over very well with the family. I know I'll be making this again and again and again :-)"
"Delicious! I used ranch instead of blue cheese as that's what I had on hand. Would be fantastic with blue cheese as well in my opinion. I made it with chicken leftovers."
"For the hot sauce, I used Tabasco. I substituted Monterey Jack and spaghetti. I would delete the bread crumbs."
"I used Frank's Red Hot, Ranch & shredded cheddar (couldn't find shredded swiss) It was fantastic!"
"I used different amounts of some of the ingredients than in the recipe, but the flavors are AMAZING! My honey and I both had seconds :)"
"I don't know if it was the brands I used or what but it was extremely greasy and just didn't taste very good. Just not for us."
"Definitely a meal for when you are not counting calories. But it is really worth them! The store I went to didn't have blue cheese dressing, so I mixed a little crumbled blue cheese into ranch dressing and I used Frank's Red Hot. It was delicious. A little too spicy for the kids, though. Might tone down the hot sauce for them next time!"