- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. In same skillet, saute carrots, celery and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir in salad dressing, mayonnaise and hot sauce into skillet. Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to skillet; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
Sort By :
This was excellent! I'm a big fan of anything hot or spicy but the rest of the family prefers mild so I used only 1/3 cup of Louisiana hot sauce. I also used Ranch dressing instead of bleu cheese as that is all I had. Had to use fiesta blend cheese since I didn't have any swiss. It went over very well with the family. I know I'll be making this again and again and again :-)
Delicious! I used ranch instead of blue cheese as that's what I had on hand. Would be fantastic with blue cheese as well in my opinion. I made it with chicken leftovers.
For the hot sauce, I used Tabasco. I substituted Monterey Jack and spaghetti. I would delete the bread crumbs.
I used Frank's Red Hot, Ranch & shredded cheddar (couldn't find shredded swiss) It was fantastic!
I used different amounts of some of the ingredients than in the recipe, but the flavors are AMAZING! My honey and I both had seconds :)