Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
I like to make these game-day appetizer meatballs with blue cheese or ranch salad dressing for dipping. If I make them for a meal, I often skip the dressing and serve with blue cheese polenta on the side. —Amber Massey, Argyle, Texas
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- Reduced-fat blue cheese or ranch salad dressing, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, 1/3
- cup hot sauce, celery and egg white. Add chicken; mix lightly but
- Shape into twenty-four 1-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a
- shallow baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Toss meatballs with remaining hot sauce. If desired, drizzle with
- salad dressing just before serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 meatball equals 35 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.