Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine the lime juice, hot sauce and honey; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the cucumber, celery and carrots.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto each lettuce leaf; fold sides over filling and secure with a toothpick. Serve with blue cheese dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Sort By :
"Excellent! Quick and easy meal. Have also used romaine leaves and whole wheat tortillas. Also, reduced the hot sauce so it's not too spicy for the kids."
"Have made this many times and it's a favorite! I often use pre-cooked chicken and bottled dressing instead (blue cheese or ranch), and normally add onions and red bell peppers to the mix. This is also great served in tortillas, and makes a fast, satisfying, and spicy meal!"
"Made at least 10 times. Light and great for dinner!"
"So delicious and simple!"