This recipe was inspired by my daughter's favorite food - Buffalo wings! It tastes just like it came from a restaurant. --Melissa Millwood, Lyman, South Carolina
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-3/4 cups (7 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, celery and carrot; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, wing sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup blue cheese, parsley and egg. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1-1/2 cups sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 2/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup blue cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Wingless Buffalo Chicken Lasagna in Taste of Home’s Ultimate Potluck Recipe Contest 2012
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review