- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-3/4 cups (7 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, celery and carrot; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, wing sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup blue cheese, parsley and egg. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1-1/2 cups sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 2/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup blue cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
Sort By :
"This is good but the recipe needs to be edited. You are supposed to repeat the layers 3 times, but I ran out of sauce after the second time. And the ricotta mixture is 2/3 cup repeated 3 times, that's 2 cups. 15 oz ricotta 3/4 cup blue cheese an egg is more than 2 cups. 15 oz ricotta alone is almost 2 cups. So my finally layering ended up being sauceless and very heavy on the ricotta mixture."
"I am so disappointed! Taste of Home is my go-to site for delicious recipes; however, this one was terrible! Since many of the reviews said the blue cheese was overpowering, I cut it to 1/4 of a cup and even that was too much! I am a very competent cook who has catered many weddings and events, and I can honestly say it would take a lot of "doctoring up" this recipe to make it acceptable. If you are looking for a good buffalo chicken recipe try Taste of Home - buffalo chicken pasta bake! It's soooooo much better."
"My husband loves buffalo chicken anything. I'm a pickier eater, but with a few adjustments, this dish did not disappoint! Instead of using ground chicken, I cooked and shredded 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Since I'm not a huge fan of bleu cheese, I took the other reviews into account; I used a total of 4oz, and added this in its entirety to the ricotta mixture. I've never liked the taste of ricotta, so I substituted small curd cottage cheese. Also, my husband and I don't like a lot of heat in our dishes, and I was pleased with the result of substituting 12 oz. wing sauce with 1/2 cup (4 oz.) hot sauce."
"Flavor is excellent! I added a little more buffalo sauce to it the second time - didn't think it had enough liquid the first time around. I'm not a huge fan of bleu cheese and felt the flavor was too strong for me so I reduced that the second time and liked it better. Overall, this is a great recipe!"