- excess dough and reroll scraps. Repeat with remaining pastry.
- Beat eggs and water; brush over edges of pastry circles. Place
- heaping teaspoonfuls of filling in the centers. Fold dough over
- filling. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining egg
- mixture. Bake at 400° for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened,
- stirring occasionally. Add blue cheese; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted and sauce thickens. Serve with
- empanadas. Yield: 8 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Make Ahead: Unbaked empanadas may be frozen for up to 2 months. Bake as directed for 12-16 minutes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 empanada with 1/2 teaspoon sauce equals 81 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.