Buffalo Chicken Calzones Recipe
I'm always looking for creative ways to jazz up pizza. I came up with this "pizza turnover," to incorporate my love of buffalo chicken wings. —Ruth Ann Riendeau, Twin Mountain, New Hampshire
- 1 can (8 ounces) Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Dash Cajun seasoning
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine pizza sauce and 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce; set aside. In a large skillet, cook chicken and celery over medium heat in butter for 3-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in Cajun seasoning and remaining hot pepper sauce; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Unroll pizza dough; divide each portion in half. On a floured surface, roll each into an 8-in. circle. Spread pizza sauce mixture over half of each circle to within 1 in. of edges. Top with chicken mixture and cheeses. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- 3. Sprinkle greased baking sheets with cornmeal. Place calzones over cornmeal. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 calzones.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC