Buffalo Chicken Calzones
I'm always looking for creative ways to jazz up pizza. I came up with this "pizza turnover," to incorporate my love of buffalo chicken wings.
—Ruth Ann Riendeau, Twin Mountain, New Hampshire
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Dash Cajun seasoning
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, combine pizza sauce and 2 teaspoons hot pepper
- sauce; set aside. In a large skillet, cook chicken and celery over
- medium heat in butter for 3-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer
- pink; drain if necessary. Stir in Cajun seasoning and remaining hot
- pepper sauce; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated
- Unroll pizza dough; divide each portion in half. On a floured
- surface, roll each into an 8-in. circle. Spread pizza sauce mixture
- over half of each circle to within 1 in. of edges. Top with chicken
- mixture and cheeses. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Sprinkle greased baking sheets with cornmeal. Place calzones over