- In a small bowl, combine the celery, apple, salad dressing and
- walnuts. In another small bowl, combine the hot sauce, ketchup and
- butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the red pepper, 2 tablespoons green onion,
- applesauce, salt, garlic salt and pepper. Crumble chicken over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into four burgers.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a
- meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, basting
- occasionally with reserved sauce.
- Serve on lettuce-lined buns; top each with 2 tablespoons slaw and
- sprinkle with remaining green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 312 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 682 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.