- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup shredded peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons fat-free blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the celery, apple, salad dressing and walnuts. In another small bowl, combine the hot sauce, ketchup and butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the red pepper, 2 tablespoons green onion, applesauce, salt, garlic salt and pepper. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four burgers.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved sauce.
- Serve on lettuce-lined buns; top each with 2 tablespoons slaw and sprinkle with remaining green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Tangy Slaw
Sort By :
The slaw was really good but next time think I will add a pear. Otherwise was really good!
I made this meatloaf style and served the slaw on the side with roasted potatos. Delicious!
My daughter discovered this recipe when she was looking for an alternative to beef burgers. The chicken burgers always taste great. I have substituted carrots in the slaw when I am out of apples. I have also saved some of the sauce to top the burgers with when serving them.
The grocery store I went to did not have ground chicken, so opted for ground beef. This recipe was great, the applesauce in the patty kept it juicy and delicious. I did add a little bit more than called for and a splash of EVOO. Also you may want to add more hot sauce if you like a kick!
YUM! We used fat-free ranch instead of blue cheese. We also chose to grill the burgers instead of broiling them. So good!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >