Buenos Dias Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen pepper strips
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 cup salsa con queso dip
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- Optional toppings: salsa, sliced avocado and French-fried onions
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute pepper strips and onion in butter until crisp tender. Stir in the chicken strips, queso dip, chilies, and chipotle pepper. Heat through.
- 3. With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon chicken mixture over potatoes and serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed potato (calculated without optio: 524 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1055mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 9g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Buenos Dias Baked Potatoes
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.