Convenience products take the heavy labor out of this Tex-Mex baked potato entree.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen pepper strips
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 cup salsa con queso dip
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- Optional toppings: salsa, sliced avocado and French-fried onions
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- In a large skillet, saute pepper strips and onion in butter until crisp tender. Stir in the chicken strips, queso dip, chilies, and chipotle pepper. Heat through.
- With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon chicken mixture over potatoes and serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Buenos Dias Baked Potatoes in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p9
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Buenos Dias Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review