Budget Corn Casserole
"Besides helping on our farm, I work as an environmental assistant for a power district," relates Denise Goedeken from Platte Center, Nebraska. "It's quite a challenge to put a good nutritious meal on the table and still have time for doing things with my family." Denise's husband and their two girls enjoy this dish, which you can make for just 20¢ a serving.
10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Pour into an
- ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40
- minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 206 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.