"Besides helping on our farm, I work as an environmental assistant for a power district," relates Denise Goedeken from Platte Center, Nebraska. "It's quite a challenge to put a good nutritious meal on the table and still have time for doing things with my family." Denise's husband and their two girls enjoy this dish, which you can make for just 20¢ a serving.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Corn Casserole in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p37
Reviews for Budget Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review