Buckwheat Brunch Crepes Recipe
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons buckwheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- BERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; fold into sour cream. Cover and refrigerate. In a large bowl, combine the milk and eggs. Combine flours and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add berries; cook over medium-low heat until berries burst. Add 1-1/2 teaspoons butter and lemon juice, stirring until butter is melted. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3. Heat 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 4. Serve crepes with berry sauce and cream mixture. Yield: about 6 crepes.
One serving equals 782 calories, 40 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 335 mg cholesterol, 965 mg sodium, 90 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Buckwheat Brunch Crepes
"I made the crepes, filled w/ a pecan praline and banana filling versus the fruit. Oh my goodness! The crepes were excellent; this is the best recipe."