These candies are always popular at my church's annual Christmas fund-raiser.—Merry Kay Opitz, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
33 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-2/3 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, peanut butter and butter until
- smooth. Shape into 1-in. balls; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip balls in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place
- on a wire rack over waxed paper; refrigerate for 15 minutes or until
- firm. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 302 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.