“This is my mom’s recipe and it’s a regular in our house. So easy and quick—it makes a wonderful treat anytime of year," says Rachel Dillon of Flemington, New Jersey.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 Nestlé Crunch candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and 1 cup peanut butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted, stirring once. Beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a microwave, melt candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until cool.
- Cut into 1-1/2-in. x 1-in. bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Buckeye Bars in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p45
Reviews for Buckeye Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2011
"I don't use the Nestle Crunch bars. Instead, I melt a 12 ounce bag of milk chocolate chips and pour on top."