“This is my mom’s recipe and it’s a regular in our house. So easy and quick—it makes a wonderful treat anytime of year," says Rachel Dillon of Flemington, New Jersey.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 Nestlé Crunch candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and 1 cup peanut butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted, stirring once. Beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a microwave, melt candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until cool.
- Cut into 1-1/2-in. x 1-in. bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Buckeye Bars in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p45
Reviews for Buckeye Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2011
"I don't use the Nestle Crunch bars. Instead, I melt a 12 ounce bag of milk chocolate chips and pour on top."