Recipe provided by Jif®
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate-flavored candy coating
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- COMBINE peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt, in large bowl, with
- an electric mixer on low, until blended. Add powdered sugar by the
- 1/2-cup, until mixture, when shaped into a ball, will hold on a
- toothpick. Shape into 3/4-inch balls. Refrigerate.
- For coating: COMBINE candy coating and shortening in microwave-safe
- bowl. Microwave at 50% (medium) for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until
- mixture is smooth. Insert toothpick in candy ball. Dip three-fourths
- of ball into coating. Scrape off excess. Place on wax paper-lined
- tray. Remove toothpick. Smooth over holes. Refrigerate until firm.
- Store at room temperature in covered container. Yield: 8 dozen.