Bubbly & Golden Mexican Beef Cobbler Recipe
Add whatever you like to this Mexican beef cobbler to make it yours—black beans, sour cream, even guacamole! —Mary Brooks, Clay, Michigan
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is evaporated. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; layer with salsa, corn and cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix biscuit mix and milk just until blended; drop by tablespoonfuls over cheese (dish will be full). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC