- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is evaporated. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish; layer with salsa, corn and cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix biscuit mix and milk just until blended; drop by tablespoonfuls over cheese (dish will be full). Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bubbly & Golden Mexican Beef Cobbler
"Very yummy but a whole days worth of sodium in only one serving."
"Haven't made it, just wanted to respond to billiebeaver42. At the bottom of the recipe it does list the calorie count per serving...lots!"
"I have made this recipe several times. I used frozen corn not canned and substituted sweet cornbread as a topping instead of the biscuit mix!"
"Very tasty! I had to improvise a little, all I had was a 13 by 9 baking dish and needed to add more biscuit mix, it layered pretty thin with the larger dish but was still very good. I will try this again and add the green chilies suggested below"
"Good - not great."