Add whatever you like to this Mexican beef cobbler to make it yours—black beans, sour cream, even guacamole! —Mary Brooks, Clay, Michigan
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is evaporated. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish; layer with salsa, corn and cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix biscuit mix and milk just until blended; drop by tablespoonfuls over cheese (dish will be full). Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bubbly & Golden Mexican Beef Cobbler in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p61
Reviews for Bubbly & Golden Mexican Beef Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review