Bubbling Fish Bake Recipe
My mother-in-law gave me this great recipe soon after I got married.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Whisk in water and homemade cream-style soup mix; bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Add the macaroni, salmon, 6 tablespoons cheese and milk.
- 2. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Top with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Bubbling Fish Bake
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC