A top-ranked food with teens, pizza can quickly quell a growling tummy! Jo Groth of Plainfield, Iowa says, "This recipe has a no-fuss crust made from refrigerated biscuits. For a jazzed-up version, add favorite toppings."
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce. Cut each biscuit into quarters; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bubble Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p40
Reviews for Bubble Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review