A top-ranked food with teens, pizza can quickly quell a growling tummy! Jo Groth of Plainfield, Iowa says, "This recipe has a no-fuss crust made from refrigerated biscuits. For a jazzed-up version, add favorite toppings."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in pizza sauce. Cut each biscuit into quarters; place in
- a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5
- minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 356 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.