Bubble Pizza Loaf
Pam Peterson often serves up these hearty pizza squares in her Loveland, Colorado kitchen—and gets plenty of compliments in return! "I trimmed excess calories from another recipe by substituting turkey pepperoni and reduced-fat cheese," she says.
28 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced turkey pepperoni
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cut dough into 1-in. cubes; place in a large bowl. Add pizza sauce;
- toss to coat. In a nonstick skillet, coated with cooking spray,
- saute the onion, red pepper and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Add to the dough mixture. Sprinkle with pepperoni and
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese; gently toss.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 28 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2-in. square) equals 110 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.