Pam Peterson often serves up these hearty pizza squares in her Loveland, Colorado kitchen—and gets plenty of compliments in return! "I trimmed excess calories from another recipe by substituting turkey pepperoni and reduced-fat cheese," she says.
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced turkey pepperoni
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cut dough into 1-in. cubes; place in a large bowl. Add pizza sauce; toss to coat. In a nonstick skillet, coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, red pepper and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add to the dough mixture. Sprinkle with pepperoni and 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese; gently toss.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 28 servings.
Originally published as Bubble Pizza Loaf in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p61
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bubble Pizza Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review