Whenever I prepare an Italian meal, my family expects it to be accompanied by this savory pull-apart bread. Everyone has fun nibbling on the soft seasoned squares.
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon each dill weed, dried basil and rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, cheese, salt and herbs. In a small saucepan, heat water and 4 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll into a 12-in. square. Melt remaining butter and brush over dough. Cut into 25 squares.
- Place dough squares, butter side down, in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan, overlapping slightly. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 25 rolls.
Originally published as Bubble Herb Ring in Best of Country Breads 2000, p64
Reviews for Bubble Herb Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2011
"Nice tender bread with nice flavors. Easy to make and done in about an hour. Fun presentation."
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2010
"Very quick, easy, and makes a savory addition to any meal. We didn't care for the dill, so I don't add it, but the rest is great!"