Brussels Sprouts with Water Chestnuts Recipe
This reliable recipe dates back to the 1970s. A dash of nutmeg adds interest to the fast-to-fix combination of buttery brussel sprouts and crunchy water chestnuts.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper and ground nutmeg
- 1. Remove any loose leaves and trim stem ends of brussels sprouts. Cut an "x" in the core end of each with a sharp knife.
- 2. Place sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the water chestnuts, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through. Stir in brussels sprouts. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 89 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts with Water Chestnuts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC