- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper and ground nutmeg
- Remove any loose leaves and trim stem ends of brussels sprouts. Cut an "x" in the core end of each with a sharp knife.
- Place sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the water chestnuts, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through. Stir in brussels sprouts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brussels Sprouts with Water Chestnuts in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p47
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts with Water Chestnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2010
"I thought the seasonings were good, but I don't think I"m a fan of brussels sprouts, which is why I said I wouldn't make it again. But those that like brussels sprouts should definitely try it!"