Brussels Sprouts with Leeks
THIS is a dish I’ve tried a few times for my husband and me. Since we both love Brussel sprouts, I often experiment with different combinations to enhance the taste. We found leeks give the sprouts a special flavor.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 10 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and brussels sprouts to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add leek; cover and simmer 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are
- tender. Drain; stir in butter and salt. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 118 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.