Brussels Sprouts with Leeks Recipe
THIS is a dish I’ve tried a few times for my husband and me. Since we both love Brussel sprouts, I often experiment with different combinations to enhance the taste. We found leeks give the sprouts a special flavor.
- 10 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and brussels sprouts to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add leek; cover and simmer 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain; stir in butter and salt. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Brussels Sprouts with Leeks in Reminisce February/March 2008, p49
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts with Leeks(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Brussels Sprouts >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >