Brussels Sprouts with Green Peppers
What an easy recipe! Not only does this go well with almost any meal, but the pepper, celery and onion add to its nutritional value. -Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place brussels sprouts in a saucepan with 1 in. of water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7 minutes. Meanwhile, in a
- large nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper, celery and onion in
- butter for 2 minutes. Drain brussels sprouts and add to vegetable
- mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 3-5
- minutes or until sprouts are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 82 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.