Brussels Sprouts with Golden Raisins
Take a break from ordinary steamed brussels sprouts by combining them with raisins and a slightly tart dressing. Thinly slicing the sprouts makes them appeal to people who normally don't like the texture.—Michaela Rosenthal, Woodland Hills, California
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, saute brussels sprouts in oil until crisp-tender.
- Add the water, celery salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and cook
- for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in raisins and vinegar. Yield:
- 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 93 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.