Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Recipe
"These brussels sprouts are special enough for company—I like to serve them for Thanksgiving dinner," says Myra Innes from Auburn, Kansas. "If you can't find fresh sprouts, try using the frozen one."
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Trim Brussels sprout stems. Using a paring knife, cut an "X" in the bottom of each.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat oil and 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until garlic begins to color. Immediately add Brussels sprouts, stirring to coat.
- 3. Stir in broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender. Drain. Add remaining butter; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 83 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC