Brussels Sprouts with Garlic
"These brussels sprouts are special enough for company—I like to serve them for Thanksgiving dinner," says Myra Innes from Auburn, Kansas. "If you can't find fresh sprouts, try using the frozen one."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Trim Brussels sprouts and cut an "X" in the core of each; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil and 1 teaspoon butter for
- 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Add reserved sprouts; toss to
- Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain; add
- remaining butter and toss until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 83 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.