Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Trim Brussels sprouts and cut an "X" in the core of each; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil and 1 teaspoon butter for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Add reserved sprouts; toss to coat.
- Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain; add remaining butter and toss until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts with Garlic(4)
Sort By :
I wanted to try a brussels sprouts recipe that didn't include roasting them, but I think I'll stick with the tried and true next time. This recipe wasn't bad but it was pretty boring to me and didn't bring out the sweet flavor of the sprouts like roasting does.
Delicious with broccoli too!
I use frozen Brussels Sprouts which I usually have on hand. These are wonderful.
I have been making these ever since the recipe appeared in Light & Tasty in 2003. I thought I hated brussels sprouts until I made them this way. The whole family loves this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Brussels Sprouts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >