"These brussels sprouts are special enough for company—I like to serve them for Thanksgiving dinner," says Myra Innes from Auburn, Kansas. "If you can't find fresh sprouts, try using the frozen one."
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Trim Brussels sprout stems. Using a paring knife, cut an "X" in the bottom of each.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until garlic begins to color. Immediately add Brussels sprouts, stirring to coat.
- Stir in broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender. Drain. Add remaining butter; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Brussels Sprouts in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p19
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts with Garlic
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review