- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts, thawed, quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute Brussels sprouts and onion in reserved drippings until crisp-tender. Add the water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender. Stir in bacon and vinegar. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
"I served this at Thanksgiving and it was perfect. Great Flavor and my family all took 2nd helpings. My mother in-law loved it! Now that's something to brag about!"
"OK....what am I doing wrong?! Add the water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. As soon as you add the 2 tablespoons of water, it all goes up in steam and there's not enough liquid to bring to a boil. Wouldn't a 1/4 cup of water be better? That's what I used and it came out alright."