- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts, thawed, quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute Brussels sprouts and onion in reserved drippings until crisp-tender. Add the water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender. Stir in bacon and vinegar. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
"Prepared these for dinner tonight . Very good . So nice to have a new way to serve brussel sprouts. Quick easy and tasty ."
"I served this at Thanksgiving and it was perfect. Great Flavor and my family all took 2nd helpings. My mother in-law loved it! Now that's something to brag about!"
"OK....what am I doing wrong?! Add the water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. As soon as you add the 2 tablespoons of water, it all goes up in steam and there's not enough liquid to bring to a boil. Wouldn't a 1/4 cup of water be better? That's what I used and it came out alright."