Brussels Sprouts with Apple Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium red apple, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1. Place brussels sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain. Remove bacon to paper towels. Add the apple, thyme and brussels sprouts to skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup: 126 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts with Apple
"These were good."