- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- Cut an X in the core of each brussels sprout. Place brussels sprouts, celery and a small amount of water in a large saucepan; cover and cook for 8-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese, salt and cayenne if desired; stir until cheese is melted. Drain brussels sprouts and celery; top with cheese sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Brussels Sprouts Supreme in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p39
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review