Brussels Sprouts Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound brussels sprouts or frozen brussels sprouts, thawed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sour cream and paprika, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and potato in butter until onion is tender. Add the brussels sprouts, broth, salt, curry powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Place the potato mixture, in small batches, in a blender, cover and process until blended. Return all to pan. Combine egg yolk and cream; stir into soup. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes over medium heat (do not boil). Garnish with sour cream and paprika if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 149 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 726mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts Soup
"This was super easy to make, especially with an immersion blender, and delicious! I sprinkled a little bit of paprika in, but did not try the sour cream. It is creamy enough without it."
"Delicious! Even my kids likes it."
"Took way too much time b/c you have to let the soup cool to room temperature. I used my food processor instead of a blender. Is average on taste."