- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound brussels sprouts or frozen brussels sprouts, thawed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sour cream and paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and potato in butter until onion is tender. Add the brussels sprouts, broth, salt, curry powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Place the potato mixture, in small batches, in a blender, cover and process until blended. Return all to pan. Combine egg yolk and cream; stir into soup. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes over medium heat (do not boil). Garnish with sour cream and paprika if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts Soup
"This was super easy to make, especially with an immersion blender, and delicious! I sprinkled a little bit of paprika in, but did not try the sour cream. It is creamy enough without it."
"Delicious! Even my kids likes it."
"Took way too much time b/c you have to let the soup cool to room temperature. I used my food processor instead of a blender. Is average on taste."