My husband and I like brussels sprouts, so I'm always looking for new ways to use them. I most often serve this colorful salad with roast pork or duck. —Nancy Korondan, Yorkville, Illinois
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large bunch red leaf lettuce or radicchio, torn
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add brussels sprouts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain; rinse with cold water and pat dry. Place sprouts and onions in a bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, thyme and pepper. Toss lettuce with 2 tablespoons of dressing; place in a large shallow serving bowl. Pour remaining dressing over brussels sprouts and toss to coat; mound on lettuce. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Brussels Sprouts Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p126
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review