Brussels Sprouts in Lemon Sauce Recipe
I've been making this wonderful dish for more than 20 years. I can't even remember where I got the recipe, but it's a great one everyone enjoys!—Mary Ann Morgan, Cedartown, Georgia
- 1 pound fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. If using fresh brussels sprouts, trim and cut an "X" in the core end of each. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and sprouts to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Whisk in the mayonnaise, lemon juice and celery salt until smooth; heat through (do not boil).
- 3. Drain brussels sprouts and place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with lemon sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup brussels sprouts with 1/4 cup sauce equals 473 calories, 45 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC