This bright, wholesome side dish goes on the dinner table in just 30 minutes. What's more, it requires only a handful of simple ingredients. Holiday cooking doesn't get much easier than that! —Monique Hooker, DeSoto, WI
Recommended: 77 Foods to Eat When You Have a Cold
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 cup shredded celery root
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated tangerine peel
- 2 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute celery root and onion in oil until tender. Add tangerine peel and Brussels sprouts. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Gently stir in tangerines; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Brussels Sprouts and Mandarin Oranges in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p133
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts and Mandarin Oranges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review