Brussels Sprouts and Apples Recipe
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add brussels sprouts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until sprouts and apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 169 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts and Apples
"I have made and shared this recipe many times and have always received rave reviews."