Don't shy away from trying this deliciously different dish featuring brussels sprouts and apples. Even folks who aren't fond of brussels sprouts won't be able to resist it!
Recommended: 54 Amazing Ways to Love Winter Veggies
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add brussels sprouts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Arrange in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until sprouts and apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Brussels Sprouts and Apples in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p58
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts and Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011
"I have made and shared this recipe many times and have always received rave reviews."