Don't shy away from trying this deliciously different dish featuring brussels sprouts and apples. Even folks who aren't fond of brussels sprouts won't be able to resist it!
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add brussels sprouts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Arrange in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until sprouts and apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Brussels Sprouts and Apples in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p58
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts and Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review