In an effort to add more greens to our meals, I created this dish—and my kids eat it up. The crispy salami is the "hook." —Jennifer Mcnabb, Brentwood, Tennessee
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded fresh kale
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a Dutch oven, cook and stir salami in oil over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; reserve drippings in pan.
- Add butter to drippings; heat over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts, kale, onion, salt, cayenne and black pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender. Stir in walnuts and vinegar. Serve with salami strips. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Brussels Sprouts & Kale Saute in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p75
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts & Kale Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review