- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded fresh kale
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a Dutch oven, cook and stir salami in oil over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; reserve drippings in pan.
- Add butter to drippings; heat over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts, kale, onion, salt, cayenne and black pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender. Stir in walnuts and vinegar. Serve with salami strips. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts & Kale Saute
Sort By :
This was on my Easter menu yesterday and was a big hit, even with vegetable-shunning eaters.
Delicious! I would love to make this again!
I was asked to bring this recipe to Christmas dinner as a repeat delicious side dish. One replacement for the salami - instead I used bacon; everyone loves bacon.
My family loves this recipe. I substituted bacon for Salami and used pecans instead of Walnuts and it was fabulous. My you children 7 and 10 love it.
This recipe was wonderful,so excited to have another good veggie recipe.Linda
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Brussels Sprouts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >