Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower Gratin Recipe
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 4 cups fresh brussels sprouts, quartered
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place cauliflower and brussels sprouts in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings. Saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add the milk, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cauliflower mixture and bacon. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 15 minutes.
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese blend. Uncover vegetables; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower Gratin
Sort By :
"Loved it!! Almost followed the recipe as written - I substituted fat free half/half for the regular. I did increase the sauce by adding more half/half. Next time I will decrease the amount of garlic and try sauté the onions & garlic in olive oil rather than the bacon drippings. Trying to reduce the calories/fat where ever possible. Great recipe, Thanks!!"
"What a WONDERFUL recipe !! This is my husbands FAVORITE !!!"
"Have made this several times and it has always been a hit"
"I think I used too much cauliflower and sprouts, because I thought the sauce was a little scanty. But otherwise it was simple and good, and the children ate it uncomplainingly."
"this delicious vege dish was a super hit onchristmas eve. It's so creamy and the panko bread crumbs give it the right texture. We will make this again and again!"