- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, butter, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pepper and nutmeg; pour over brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheeses are melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Brussels Sprout Gratin(1)
Sort By :
I made this for our Thanksgiving meal & it was a huge hit :) One tip, monitor your roasting brussel sprouts closely, otherwise they will burn if you're distracted with other tasks. I've got an electric oven that seems to cook way too hot, so I lowered my temp to 400 degrees for the first part and then to 350 degrees once cheese/cream mixture was added. My cooking time was a little longer than the recipe had directed because I don't like my sprouts too firm. I didn't have parmesean on hand, so I used Asiago cheese instead. This is definitely going to be a repeat for several future meals. Thanks for the delicious recipe!!